On Tuesday, May 26, Collier County’s three regional libraries will reopen with limited hours and limited services at 25% occupancy.
The three regional libraries that will reopen for walk-ins include:
• Headquarters Library– 2385 Orange Blossom Drive, Naples
• Naples Regional Library – 650 Central Avenue, Naples
• South Regional Library – 8065 Lely Cultural Parkway, Naples
The hours of operation at the three regional libraries will be Monday through Wednesday, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Thursday through Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with the following services:
• Curbside pick-up will be limited to Monday through Saturday, 9 to 10 a.m., for vulnerable patrons or those who would rather not come into the library at this time.
• Physical collections will be available for browsing and check-out.
• Wi-Fi access, mobile printing, and copying will be available.
• Two computers with internet access will be available for 1-hour per person daily.
• Library staff will be accessible to provide customer service.
In addition to the opening of the three regional libraries, Collier County Public Library staff will continue to provide curbside pick-up at the Golden Gate Branch, Immokalee Branch and Marco Island Branch on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Continue to check the library website and Facebook page for updates. This is an evolving situation and the Collier County libraries will continue to respond in accordance with the recommended best practices of the Florida Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Governor’s Phase 1 guidelines.
The following measures have been implemented to maintain the safety of library patrons and staff:
• Plexiglass barriers have been installed at circulation desks.
• Floors are marked to indicate spacing for social distancing.
• Limited seating to promote social distancing and safe use of libraries.
• Patrons will be directed to return materials in exterior book drops prior to coming into the building.
• All returned materials will be quarantined for 3 days prior to being removed from patron accounts and returned to the shelves.
• Shareable items such as magazines, newspapers, play items, gaming equipment and puzzles have been temporarily removed.
• Based on CDC recommendations, signage is posted throughout the buildings regarding safe practices. Patrons are encouraged to wear face coverings.
• Frequently touched surfaces and tables will be regularly disinfected throughout the day by staff.
• Enhanced janitorial cleaning.
Adjustments will be made with the services offered and capacity limits as warranted. We welcome patron feedback as we begin our “soft” reopening.
For more information about available Library Services, call (239) 252-7311.