The Centers for the Arts Bonita Springs has a new art exhibition called “Easy Listening” on display now through Aug. 27. The exhibition is free to the public and is open Monday through Friday from 9:00am – 4:00pm at theat their Center for Visual Arts campus.
“Easy Listening” attempts to capture the pulse of our world. Artists explored the rhythm of life – expressing what is loud, what is quiet and everything in between. “This show is a rhapsody of unique works and is certain to strike a chord with visitors,” explains Susan Bridges, president of the centers.
The exhibition showcases 43 artworks in various mediums including oil paintings, watercolors, photography, ceramics, sculptures, mixed media and more.
The exhibition was judged on Aug. 4 and winners included:
- Best of Show: A Picture of the Future by Stephen Johnson
- First Place: Nature’s Rhythm by Janis McCracken
- Second Place: Mangroves 19 by Tanya Trinkaus Glass
- Third Place: Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherries by Rose Jung
- Fourth Place: Oscillation: Sky by Barry Leaman
- Fifth Place: Serenade by Gilberto M. Sanchez
- Sixth Place: Seashore by Sue Schaffel
The Center for Visual Arts campus is located at 26100 Old 41 Road, Bonita Springs. For more information, call (239) 495-8989 or visit artcenterbonita.org/exhibitions.